Policy of The Sarao Factory S.L.U.(hereinafter The Sarao Factory) holder of FSC® License Number C178166 on the consumption of forest material and commitment to health, safety, and work.
Forest certification under the requirements of the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council®) standards is an excellent tool for promoting forest conservation and maintenance and enhancement of forest biodiversity. Chain of custody certification is also a key element in ensuring the market of the sustainable origin of the raw materials we use.
The Sarao Factory is aware of the impact of both its purchasing decisions on the forests from which it sources raw materials and the importance of fostering responsible forest management and workers’ rights among its suppliers. Consequently, the Company is committed to avoiding any direct or indirect relationship with activities such as the following as far as possible:
– Illegal logging or illegal trade in timber or forest products;
– Infringements of human and/or traditional rights in forestry operations;
– Destruction of high-conservation assets through forest exploitation activities;
– Conversion of natural forests into plantations or non-forestry land use;
– Introduction of genetically-modified organisms in forestry operations;
– Infringement of any of the Fundamental Conventions of the ILO as defined in the 1998 ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
The Sarao Factory is also committed to complying with the social and health and safety-related commitments provided for in the currently applicable legislation, including the following:
– Enabling free association of workers, free choice of their representatives the right to engage in collective bargaining.
– Respecting the minimum legal age for employment (16 years of age).
– Complying with the legal requirements for occupational health and safety and refraining from using forced labour.
– Respecting equal opportunities and treatment of workers.
Acting in consequence, Company management is committed to ensuring that this Policy is understood and implemented at all levels of the organisation and is available to all our customers and stakeholders.
Alberto García Carrillo – General Manager, The Sarao Factory, S.L.U. 1st July 2022